My name is Pu Ren. I am a Postdoc Fellow in Machine Learning and Analytics Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, where I am working with Prof. Michael Mahoney. I also work closely with Dr. Dmitriy Morozov and Prof. Ben Erichson. My research interests lie in scientific machine learning, with a focus on the interplay between numerical methods and machine learning. In specific, I am interested in Neural ODEs and Physics-informed/encoded deep learning: soft/hard constraints in optimization, scientific data augmentation and equation discovery.
I received my PhD at Northeatern University in July 2022, where I worked with Prof. Hao Sun and Prof. Ryan Wang. I was also fortunate to collaborate with Prof. Jerome F. Hajjar, Prof. Yang Liu and Prof. Jian-Xun Wang.
- [10/2022] Our work on physics-informed deep learning for seismic wave propagation is available on [arXiv].
- [09/2022] I joined the Machine Learning and Analytics Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab!
- [08/2022] Our latest work on physics-informed deep super-resolution is available on [arXiv] now.
- [07/2022] I successfully defended my PhD dissertation!
- [01/2022] Our paper ‘‘Discovering nonlinear PDEs from scarce data with Physics-encoded learning’’ has been accepted in The Tenth International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR)! [arXiv]
- [01/2022] Our paper ‘‘Autoregressive matrix factorization for imputation and forecasting of spatiotemporal structural monitoring time series’’ has been published in Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing. [Paper]
- [12/2021] Our Paper ‘‘PhyCRNet: Physics-informed Convolutional-Recurrent Network for Solving Spatiotemporal PDEs’’ has been published in Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. [Paper], [arXiv]
- [07/2021] I presented our recent work at SIAM Annual Meeting 2021 minisymposium on Physics-Aware Machine Learning.
- [05/2021] I presented our recent work at The 2021 Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference held at Columbia University, New York City, NY.
- [05/2021] Second Place of 2021 EMI Dynamics Committee Student Paper Competition [Link]
- [05/2020] Third Place of 2020 EMI SHM&C Committee Student Paper Competition [Link]
- [09/2019] Vilas Mujumdar Fellowship
- [10/2018] China National Scholarship
- [04/2015] Finalist of Mathematical Contest in Modeling (top 1%)
If you are interested in my research, feel free to reach out at puren93 AT gmail DOT com.